Strive to keep your skin looking younger, longer.
Learn more about these three critical skin elements.
Every time we smile, frown, or sit in the sunshine, tiny grooves form under the surface of the skin. In our younger years, the skin springs back almost instantaneously. But as we age, the skin loses some of its elasticity, and these small creases build up over time, resulting in wrinkly skin.
There are three critical skin elements that contribute to skin aging - elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid.1Learn More
What are Elastin, Collagen, and Hyaluronic Acid?
Elastin - the 'rubber band' of the human body - helps tissue 'snap back' into shape when it is stretched.
Collagen - the most abundant protein in the human body - provides strength to the skin. The smallest collagen building blocks are 5-10 times stronger than steel!2
Hyaluronic acid - a naturally occuring substance in the skin - helps to keep skin hydrated.
The 'rubber band' of the human body - helps tissue 'snap back' into shape when it is stretched.
Enter for your chance to WIN a FREE Profound treatment and bring the snap back to aging skinEnter Contest
How can I make my
skin look younger?
You may have heard of all the usual 'skin saving' suspects; topical retinoids, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, noninvasive and invasive energy-based devices, and surgical reconstruction. But some of these approaches - such as fillers and injections - do not address issues beneath the skin, therefore only offering a temporary fix. That's why interest is growing in longer-term solutions.
One such option for lasting, nonsurgical wrinkle reduction, is the use of radiofrequency devices.
So what matters most when considering this type of nonsurgical wrinkle reduction?
Consider a treatment that can create all three skin elements - elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid.
Where can I find a lasting, nonsurgical solution?
Many currently available radiofrequency devices offer real-time control of energy, but the Profound® system by Candela is the only FDA-cleared, long-pulse radiofrequency device that also offers real-time temperature control.3
The ability of the Profound® system to control temperature in real-time means that the wound healing process is more controlled. That leads to less likelihood of tissue damage4 and optimal production of elastin, collagen, and hyaluronic acid.5, 6
Up to 5x the elastin, up to 2x the collagen and increased hyaluronic acid is a reality with the Profound® treatment. Isn't it time that you bring the snap back to aging skin?
Click here to find your local service provider - or enter our contest below for your chance to win a FREE Profound® treatment!
- Howard D. Structural changes associated with aging skin. Available at www.dermalinstitute.com/us/library/11_article_ Structural_Changes_AssociatAs_with_Aging_Skin.html. Accessed February 27, 2019.
- Buehler MJ. Nature's tough collagen designs: explaining the nanostructure of collagen fibrils. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2006;103(33):12285-90.
- Profound 510(k) clearance (K161043)
- Alexiades M, Berube D. Randomized, blinded, 3-arm clinical trial assessing optimal temperature and duration for treatment with minimally invasive fractional radiofrequency. Dermatol Surg. 2015;41(5):623-632.
- Hantash BM, Ubeid AA, Chang H, Kafi R, Renton B. Bipolar fractional radiof 5. Hantash BM, Ubeid AA, Chang H, Kafi R, Renton B. Bipolar fractional radiofrequency treatment induces neoelastogenesis and neocollagenesis. Lasers Surg Med. 2009;41(1):1-9.
- Willey A, Kilmer S, Newman J, et al. Elastometry and clinical results after bipolar radiofrequency treatment of skin. Dermatol Surg. 2010;36(6):877-884.